Friday, September 25, 2009

THX What it is and More importantly What it Isn't



So What is THX?



Most of us have seen the THX logo splash across the the movie screen at out local cinema house. But what does it mean? . THX is a trade name of a high-fidelity sound reproduction standard for movie theaters, screening rooms, home theaters, computer speakers, gaming consoles, and car audio systems. THX stands for Tomlinson Holman's eXperiment. The THX system is not a recording technology, and it does not specify a sound recording format: all sound formats, whether digital (Dolby Digital, SDDS) or analog (Dolby Stereo, Ultra-Stereo), can be "shown in THX." THX is mainly a quality assurance system. When you see the THX logo splashed across a movie screen, you know you're in for an audio and visual treat.



So to clear up some misconceptions:



The THX system is not a recording technology it


THX sets strict standards for high quality sound and images.



‘Get Connected’ - www.Connected-AV.Com

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such amazing information about THX trade logo. I never knew about it even I am so crazy for movies though I did not know. Now after today I will mark it before starting of a movie. Nice unique article here. I like this site.

    cartouches d encre

    ReplyDelete